Careers at The Planet Mark™
Business Development Executive - The Planet Mark
An exceptional opportunity has become available for a dynamic sales person looking to work for a fast-growing brand that is having a positive impact on the world.
The Planet Mark in partnership with the iconic Eden Project, is a unique certification programme on a mission to improve the quality of life by empowering organisations and their people to make year on year progress in sustainability. A key part of our work is to demonstrate that sustainability is good for business and that business is a power for good in society and the environment.
You’ll be joining at an exciting stage for this fast-growing brand as it expands in the UK and begins to scale internationally.
You’ll be part of a positive team with a 'can do' approach, that is passionate about making a difference and committed to collaborating, constantly improving and striving to be at the forefront of sustainability – while having fun too!
We are looking for a strong, independent sales person with at least 2 years’ business development experience to increase the reach of The Planet Mark across all sectors in the UK. The role will be preferably full time, working for Planet First, an independent business working in the sustainability sector, and creator and custodian of The Planet Mark.
You will be a passionate and upbeat individual with knowledge of sustainability in business. You will be targeting medium to large businesses and selling to Heads of Sustainability, Sustainability Managers, Business Development Managers, Marketing Managers, MDs and CEOs.
You will be expected to identify the needs of a business to develop and close leads, sell our market-ready products, and upsell additional packages and services.
You will be required to work closely with the senior leadership and marketing team to ensure campaigns, marketing and sales efforts are aligned.
You will also create and issue client proposal documents so attention to detail and accuracy is vital.
This role is predominantly phone-based from home, with a weekly working day in Central London. You will also need to initiate and attend external meetings, events and client visits as product knowledge grows. The position offers fantastic growth opportunities for the right candidate. Applicants must have a background in or knowledge of sustainability in business and demonstrated sales success.
Essential Skills & experience
- Minimum 2 years selling business services
- Demonstrable track record of closing sales
- Intelligent lead sourcing in target sectors, training provided; some leads passed over
- Telesales experience
- Excellent IT and communications skills
- A demonstrable interest in and knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Hubspot or other CRM databases
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Negotiable and dependent on experience.
Head of Brand and Marketing
Due to our continued growth and expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen at Planet First for a Head of Brand and Marketing for The Planet Mark™.
The Head of Brand and Marketing will be responsible for the development and delivery of The Planet Mark™ brand and marketing strategy. The strategy will enable the growth of The Planet Mark™ brand in its target markets, creating value in The Planet Mark™ intellectually and through sales and other revenue generation.
- Brand and marketing strategy to build momentum in The Planet Mark™ and exceed sales targets
- Create and deliver brand position, materials and implementation programme to elevate The Planet Mark™ through recommendation
- Create and deliver marketing campaigns to reach our target audiences.
- Marketing strategy – Working closely with Head of Sales and Head of Communications and Content and reporting to the CEO, create and deliver The Planet Mark™ marketing strategy, monitor its progress and amend accordingly
- Marketing budget – create and manage marketing budget working with Financial Director
The Planet Mark™ brand – develop the The Planet Mark™ brand to enable wider adoption in the UK and internationally
- Website and marketing materials / collateral – Produce cohesive branded suite of materials to promote The Planet Mark™, attract customers and help existing customers to promote their achievements in The Planet Mark™
- Marketing campaigns – Working closely with Head of Sales and Head of Communications and Content, devise and implement marketing campaigns and outreach to meet and exceed where possible sales targets and brand KPIs
- Events – Manage and deliver events programme in collaboration with our event management consultants, attending professional conferences and delivering speeches and/or managing The Planet Mark™ spokespersons
Co-management of Marketing Officer – supports / overseas creating and designing Planet First and The Planet Mark™ materials
- Market analysis – conduct market analysis for The Planet Mark™ positioning and customer satisfaction
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
The successful candidate will have a solid background and demonstrable track record within marketing management, preferably in the sustainability industry, along with the following:
- At least five years’ experience in a senior marketing position leading the implementation of successful marketing strategies that have achieved demonstrable increases in income, sales and customers.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of customer relationship management and the delivery of effective direct marketing campaigns.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of social media and digital marketing, as well as a strong interest in and understanding of digital technology and its application within the commercial world.
- Significant experience of brand development and market research, with demonstrable experience of supporting colleagues to implement change as a result.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Hours of work: Full or part time considered
Salary: negotiable and dependant on experience
Place of work: working from home and central London.
Flexible working, generous holiday allowance and an excellent work/life balance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Marketing and brand: 10 years
Click here to apply for this job
Eden Project Education Officer – offsite
Occasional work on a zero hours contract or freelance basis
£11.36 per hour
Could you be the face of the Eden Project in primary schools in the South East and Midlands? Eden is looking for an outstanding environmental or sustainability educator, based in one of these locations, to deliver our unique sustainability education days, supported by our partners Planet First.
You’ll be a highly motivated and enthusiastic educator, with a gift for delivering memorable and enjoyable learning experiences for children in KS2. You’ll be confident communicating with teachers to organise the days effectively and problem-solving when required. You’ll be self-motivated with a commitment to Eden’s ethos in order to provide an authentic Eden learning experience to children who might never get the chance to visit the Eden Project in Cornwall.
This work amounts to around a dozen days a year, primarily in schools in the South East and Midlands. In your application, please make it clear how this occasional work can work for you. You’ll need to arrange your own travel and source and transport resources. Occasional overnight stays might be required. You’ll be paid for your travel time and all expenses reimbursed.
Dates of work will usually be arranged at the mutual convenience of you and the school. The contract includes paid training at the Eden Project and the opportunity to see the programmes running in school on 1, 2, 3 October 2018 (Beaconsfield and Hoddesdon).
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check. The cost of this will be met by Eden.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th September, with interviews (in London or by Skype) during w/b 17th September.