What is included in The Planet Mark™ Certification?
The Planet Mark™ is an internationally-recognised and trusted sustainability certification programme recognising commitment to continuous improvement in sustainability. It is awarded to businesses, properties, new developments and projects that are committed to reducing their carbon emissions. Its unique 3-step programme develops knowledge and communication skills so as to embed sustainability within organisations.
In order to achieve The Planet Mark™ for Business certification in the first and second year, we aim to measure, analyse and reduce your carbon footprint. This is achieved by the following:
- An initial meeting with a Senior Sustainability Consultant from The Planet Mark™
- Access to The Planet Mark™ data collection template in Excel is provided
- You receive The Planet Mark™ Sustainability Toolkit, providing an introduction to carbon footprinting and guidance on data quality.
- All evidence is reviewed by an experienced Sustainability Consultant
- A validated carbon footprint is completed, within 2 weeks of data submission
- You receive The Planet Mark™ Certification Report including a complete carbon footprint and a note of your contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (PDF format)
- Recommended action points are provided for further improvement (in certification report)
- You receive The Planet Mark™ Certificate (PDF format and hard copy)
- We provide unlimited email and phone support in the collection of carbon data (reasonable usage limits apply)
We provide personalised Marketing Support, including
- Personalised infographics
- A press release
- A case study and profile on our website
- Inclusion in our newsletter
- Regular promotion via our social media channels
- You are given licence to use The Planet Mark™ logo in your communications materials
- We provide a Marketing Support Pack to support communication of your achievements through your Marketing channels
- You are invited to our annual networking event.