Sutton United has been awarded The Planet Mark™ for its commitment to continuous improvement in sustainability.
Sutton United Football Club has been awarded The Planet Mark™ Certificate in 2017 for showing good practice in sustainability including:
- measuring its carbon footprint including natural gas, electricity and waste
- reducing its carbon footprint by 13.8% in tonnes of CO2e (tCO2e)
- recycling 88% of its waste
- investing in the Eden Project to support education on climate change
- storing 260 tCO2e by protecting one acre of endangered rainforest through the charity Cool Earth
- Committing to engage employees and suppliers to drive improvements.