OUR DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN!
We are always on the lookout for amazing individuals to join our friendly team.
Please forward your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
An exceptional opportunity has become available for an Engagement Manager to work for a fast-growing business that is having a positive impact on the world.
The Planet Mark, in partnership with the iconic Eden Project, is a unique sustainability certification which recognises continuous improvement, encourages action, and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals. A key part of our work is to demonstrate that sustainability is good for business and that business is a force for good for the environment and society.
You’ll be joining at an exciting stage for this fast-growing business as it expands in the UK and begins to scale internationally.
You’ll be part of an optimistic team with a ‘can-do’ approach, that is passionate about making a difference and committed to collaborating, constantly improving and striving to be at the forefront of sustainability – while having fun too!
We are looking for a confident, energetic, passionate and inspiring person to deliver the ‘Engage’ step of our programme, including certificate presentations, workshops and talks to holders of The Planet Mark.
Successful applicants will have a wealth of experience delivering talks and workshops on business sustainability topics. You will be delivering pre-booked certificate presentations, employee engagement workshops, supply chain workshops and green team training.
You will show initiative in generating your own work-stream and also be able to identify customer needs and feed these into the sales or consulting teams.
- Design and deliver our engagement workshops both digitally and in-person (when circumstances allow)
- Remain up to date with current sustainability news and developments so that you can refresh and update content regularly
- Ensuring our members feel inspired and empowered to reduce their carbon footprint and increase social value and highlighting any additional services required
- Deliver fortnightly webinars
- Work closely with the Director of Digital and Community on engagement strategy and services development
- Identify areas to improve engagement activities and work with other teams to develop these
- Record outputs from engagement activities in our systems
- Support relationships with our partners
- Provide input to our consulting team in preparing engagement related proposals
- Support chairing or technical support for external events on behalf of The Planet Mark
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Be infectiously enthusiastic, inspiring and passionate about sustainability and driving change
- Proficient use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus have the ability to quickly learn/adopt new technology
- Experience in delivering workshops and presenting to large groups
- Highly organised and process-driven
- Able to quickly understand the products and services of the business and be willing to learn more about our market
- Able to manage multiple priorities and demands, in a fast-paced environment
- Great relationship builder, influencer and collaborator
- At least two years experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of digital platforms used for presenting and workshops
- Excellent sustainability knowledge and a relevant qualification
- Comfortable and confident in planning from concept/ideas through to delivery
- Self-starting, enthusiastic and motivated, as we work remotely
- A passion for sustainability and encouraging urgent action
- Ability and capacity to grow in the role as the business evolves.
This is a full-time position, working remotely with weekly team meetings in central London expected to resume in early 2021.
Salary competitive and dependant on experience.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Data Analyst and Carbon Footprinting Specialist
An exceptional opportunity has become available for a Senior Data Analyst and Carbon Footprinting Specialist looking to work for a fast-growing brand that is having a positive impact on the world
We see a world where we all contribute to a thriving planet and together, we are a collective force for good.
The Planet Mark enables organisations and their people to positively transform society, the environment and the economy. It is a sustainability certification which recognises outstanding achievements, encourages action, and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals.
A key part of our work is to demonstrate that sustainability is good for business and that business is a power for good in society and the environment.
You’ll be joining at an exciting stage for this fast-growing brand as it expands in the UK and begins to scale internationally.
You’ll be part of a growing, highly analytical, data obsessed team with a ‘can do’ approach, that is passionate about making a difference and committed to collaborating, constantly improving and striving to be at the forefront of sustainability – while having fun too!
We are looking for an experienced carbon footprinting expert with an exceptional eye for detail, and almost super-human data analyst skills, to assist our growing Certification team. The Certification team forms the heart of the Planet Mark, analysing our clients’ Scope 1,2 and more recently Scope 3 data to allow their accreditation to the prestigious Planet Mark certification scheme. As well as working with their data you will be dealing directly with our clients that range from start-ups, SMEs to large corporates, delivering carbon footprint analyses, carbon footprint verifications, SECR submissions, social value calculations, Scope 3 screening and more. Hence experience in client management is also essential.
The ideal candidate will have many years of experience in calculating Scope 1,2 and ideally 3 carbon emissions. Be as natural with a spreadsheet as an accountant and have an insatiable thirst for learning. It goes without saying that they must have a positive attitude, be enthusiastic, have a high attention to detail and a passion for numbers and sustainability and excellent customer relationship skills.
- Conducting carbon footprint assessments and reporting using sustainability management software – from dealing with the client’s initial data submission, dealing with any data deficient, analysing their footprint and preparing and delivering their report.
- Conducting verifications of GHG assessments completed by third-party analysts to ensure quality, and undertaking non-financial reporting in terms of Social Value analysis.
- Assisting in the preparation of tenders for consulting work
- Project management and delivery of sustainability consulting that is primarily data and footprint based, including scope 3 screening, SECR, sustainability engagement, research and policy and Net-Zero Carbon planning
- Client relationship management as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in carbon footprint accounting and knowledge of greenhouse gas reporting and standards e.g. GHG Protocol, ISO 14064
- Experience in audit/verifications of corporate carbon footprints using a variety of standards, including ideally ISO 14064-3
- Experience in preparing and winning proposals and projects for sustainability consulting
- Strong mathematical and analytical background
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track-record of success
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in corporate sustainability and environmental management
- Comfortable calling and meeting with a range of clients and customers to discuss carbon footprinting and sustainability consulting
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of SECR, experience in scope 3 screening, development and delivery of sustainability strategies for businesses
- Experience working with large, multinational companies, either in house or as consultancy
- Experience in sustainability engagement and communications
- Experience with sustainability software e.g. Sofi Salesforce
- Industry qualification (e.g. IEMA)
This is a full-time position, working remotely from home with weekly team meetings in London to resume in Spring 2021. Start date flexible.
Salary: negotiable, and dependent on experience, but expected to lie with the range of £35-40K
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV and a cover letter that explicitly addresses why you believe your skills and previous experience matches this job role to email@example.com.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered the cover letter should outline why you feel you are the perfect candidate for this role, ideally outlining, with examples, how you match our person specification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Head of Digital
An exciting position has been created for an ambitious person looking to work for a fast-growing brand that is having a positive impact on the world.
We see a world where we all contribute to a thriving planet and together we are a collective force for good. The Planet Mark is a sustainability certification which recognises outstanding achievements, encourages action, and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals. We work with businesses to rigorously measure their carbon footprint and social value, engage their staff and supply chain to unlock their knowledge and drive passion for change, and communicate their progress to build a positive brand. We help businesses put a purpose at the heart of their organisation that brings social, environmental and economic considerations together.
You’ll be joining at an exciting stage of this fast-growing brand as it expands in the UK and begins to scale internationally. To achieve our vision for impact, we’re revolutionising our use of digital tools and software both internally and externally. You’ll be part of a positive team with a ‘can-do’ approach that is passionate about making a difference and committed to collaborating, constantly improving and striving to be at the forefront of sustainability – all while having fun too!
We are looking for an experienced digital leader with a strong background in managing the selection, development, implementation and ongoing management of predominately cloud-based systems. This person will lead the building of a Digital Team and oversee our digital transformation projects, including a migration to a Dynamics 365 CRM system, and driving innovation with our digital carbon and social value measurement systems. The role is full time, working for Planet First Limited, creator of the Planet Mark.
You will be leading the strategy, delivery and implementation of the Planet Mark’s digital strategy and transformation programs as well as maintaining oversight of the various pieces of software that we use, and nurturing relationships with our IT-related third-party vendors. You will support and inform our Senior Leadership Team’s decision-making process for prioritisation of digital transformation projects and agree budget and funding options. You will also work with our CFO to access and apply for grants available for funding digital transformation activities.
Consequently, we are looking for an adaptable person who is eager to learn and able to pick up and learn new software rapidly to work with experts on developing best-practice digital tools to meet the needs of our various teams. You will be leading our Digital Team, so management experience is essential. Our team works predominately remotely, so you must be a self-starter, capable of planning and managing multiple projects in tandem.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for sustainability and digital tools.
- A highly organised and detail-oriented approach to work.
- Able to work remotely, on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Experienced in management and recruiting team members.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in being able to rapidly learn new platforms.
- Strong project management skills, being able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external effectively.
- Strong communication skills to translate technical details into layman’s terms and vice versa.
- Ability to successfully prioritise and work to deadlines, balancing conflicting demands and seeking support where needed.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 applications, including SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and the Office Suite.
- Experience managing third-party vendors who are supporting the delivery of critical digital projects.
- Confident in showing initiative, but not afraid to ask for help when it is needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with Dynamics 365 applications, including sales and marketing.
- Experience working with and/or developing digital carbon emissions and social value measurement platforms.
- Experience collaborating with technical experts to develop new software/platforms.
A relevant degree or other qualification is preferred, but not essential.
£45,000 – £60,000 depending upon experience
In your cover letter, please explain why you think you are a good you are a good fit for the role and why you are interested in sustainability and digital transformation.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, those submitted without a CV and cover letter will not be considered.